31 August 2006

Anti-Communications matter

A US reader in "computational condensed matter physics" writes scathingly:

"I have one question. Is the
World Communication Award a joke? I ask this for the simple reason that
Cogent Communications is a finalist. As a consumer of reliable, high
volume, high throughput data networks, Cogent ranks number 1 on my list of
companies that do their best to harm the Internet. They have made no
substantial positive contributions, but have engaged, on numerous
occasions, in Tier 1 provider wars, using blockades and service
degredation as tactics in contract negotiations. I recall the Cogent and
Level 3 incident of last year. Plus, every 3 months, it seems Cogent has
a spat with AT&T, in which it cuts data throughput between AT&T's network
and theirs. In fact, as I write this, it seems the spat which began on
August 26th has just ended. Without doubt, Cogent is tops on my
Anti-Communication Award list."

(trans.).. Ouch, doesn't that Internet neutrality really hurt the heavy user! If only AT&T just ran everything like they used to ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home